A 30-minute walk can change your life! Especially if you suffer from a host of lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc. The U.S. Surgeon General has said that brisk walking 30 minutes a day can improve health significantly. But mall walking isn't just good exercise; it's often a good deal. Woodland Mall offers residents a climate controlled environment to workout in year-round. And the best part is – it's free! Participants from all walks of life are encouraged to use the mall to get back into shape, get together with friends or take a casual stroll while window-shopping. Registration is not required. Just buy a pair of walking shoes and join us at Woodland Mall!
1. It’s free to participate!
2. It’s easy! All you need is a good pair of walking shoes.
3. We offer an indoor environment to avoid severe weather conditions.
4. Handicap accessible! All ages and levels of ability are welcome.
5. The mall offers a level walking surface, which can reduce the risk of slips and falls.
6. Amenities! Well-lit restrooms, access to free water fountains, and benches or places to sit and rest.
7. It’s fun! Social support from fellow mall walkers Company of fellow mall walkers (and did we mention the SHOPPING?).